IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Cleft in a Formation of Rocks, undated
Cleft in a Formation of Rocks
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: graphite sketch
- Watercolor and pen and black ink with wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 × 11 3/4 inches (23.8 × 29.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cow | figures | landscape | natives | palm tree | passage | rocks (landforms)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.