View Near the City of Tientsin
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 14 5/16 inches (22.9 x 36.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "24"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "W. Alexander 1800"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | buildings | Chinese architecture | cityscape | flags | genre subject | junks | marine art | men | sailboats | sampans | seamen | ships
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China | Tianjin | Tianjin Shi
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 26, pl. 26, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)