- East View of the Forts Jellali and Merani, Muskat
- Watercolor, brown ink, black ink, and graphite on thick, moderately textured, light blue laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 18 1/4 inches (35.6 x 46.3 cm) and Image: 11 1/2 x 15 3/4 inches (29.2 x 40 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "East view of the Forts Jellali & Merani Muskat Arabia | June 1793"; in graphite, lower right: "S. DAVIS."; inscribed on back lower left: "J 31" [encircled]"; lower right: "67/2/1/75. | Samuel Davis | East View of the Forts Jellali | and Merani..."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | beach | boats | flags | forts | harbor | landscape | men | mountains | sailboats | shore (landform) | walls
- Associated Places:
- Fort Al Jalali | Fort Al-Mirani | Masqat | Masqat | Oman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, East View of the Forts Jellali and Merani, Muskat, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.