- The Dent de Lion, Margate, Kent
- ca. 1798
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 8 3/8 inches (24.4 × 21.2 cm)
Inscription in graphite, on back, lower left: "8"; on back, lower right: "Dentdeleon by Alexander | 1798"
watermarks: E. V. P. 1794
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cart | fences | fort | gate | hay | ruins | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Dent de Lion | England | Kent | Margate | Thanet, Isle of | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, The Dent de Lion, Margate, Kent, ca. 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.