West Country Town by a River
- Watercolor, pen, black ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 x 14 3/4 inches (23.2 x 37.5 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J6" [encircled]; in blue graphite, center: "Putney[strikethrough] | Fulham"
watermark: not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill -- initials IV [with no other emblem]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | boat | landscape | river | town | trees | west
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, West Country Town by a River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.