West Country Town by a River
- Watercolor, pen, black ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 x 14 3/4 inches (23.2 x 37.5 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J6" [encircled]; in blue graphite, center: "Putney[strikethrough] | Fulham"
watermark: not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill -- initials IV [with no other emblem]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bank | boat | landscape | river | town | trees | west
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, West Country Town by a River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.