A View of the Coast of China
- Watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 3/8 × 8 1/8 inches (13.6 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "D. 27885 HX"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | coast | coastal fortifications | landscape | marine art | men | mountains | oars | rowing | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, A View of the Coast of China, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.