At Moorshedabad [Murshidabad]
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 9 1/8 inches (18.7 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen, lower right: "at Moorshedabad"; verso: in graphite, upper left: "Murshidabad"
Watermark: small fragment of letters J&W (J Whatman?)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | house | hut | river
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India | Murshidabad | West Bengal
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, At Moorshedabad [Murshidabad], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.