William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Mourning at a Tomb, between 1792 and 1794
Mourning at a Tomb
- between 1792 and 1794
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 6 1/2 inches (21.6 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mourning at a Tomb"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- candles | caps | cemetery | Chinese | genre subject | kneeling | men | monks | mourning | praying | robes | tombs
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.