William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Mourning at a Tomb, between 1792 and 1794
Mourning at a Tomb
- between 1792 and 1794
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 6 1/2 inches (21.6 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mourning at a Tomb"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- candles | caps | cemetery | Chinese | genre subject | kneeling | men | monks | mourning | praying | robes | tombs
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.