Saloon with an Arch to a Garden and Fountain
- Watercolor, pen, black ink, and gray ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 7 1/2 x 11 1/8 inches (19.1 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "N T DALL 1771"; inscribed on back in graphite, center right: "Nicholas Thomas Dall | ne en Danemark | mort en Angleterre en 1777 | a Peint[?] de [?] Deas[?] Theatre | pru Covent Garden"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "N T DALL 1771"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | architecture | chairs | columns | fountain | garden | saloon
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Nicholas Thomas Dall, op.1748–, d.1777, British, Saloon with an Arch to a Garden and Fountain, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.