- Ruins of a Monastery with Farmyard Animals
- Watercolor over graphite with gouache and scraping on thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 15 15/16 x 21 1/4 inches (40.5 x 53.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right, written sideways: "0/2378 | [...] | Francis (crossed out) FRANCIS DANBY A. R. A | 1793 - 1861 (underlined)"; on back, lower center: "3 - 8x6"; on back, lower right: "D26044"
signed in black ink, within image, lower left: "F. Danby | 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | architectural subject | blocks | branches | chickens | donkey | Gothic (Medieval) | horse (animal) | monastery | pointed arches | puddle | rooster | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Ruins of a Monastery with Farmyard Animals, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.