IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, A Chinese Warrior, undated
A Chinese Warrior
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 6 1/8 inches (20.9 x 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "24"; center right: "Chain of the sword to be | more forward where the | pencil line is - | Shield of wicker work"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Chinese | costume | dragons | figure study | fort | man | shield | soldier | stripes | sword | teeth | warrior
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.