IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, A Village Street, Figures by Old Cottages, undated
A Village Street, Figures by Old Cottages
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 10 1/2 inches (35.2 x 26.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | architectural subject | bowl | buildings | child | chimneys | cottages | eating | figures | food | houses | man | peasants | street | village | women
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Conwy | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Sotheby's sale catalogue : Catalogue of eighteenth and nineteenth century drawings and paintings : 2 May 1962, Sotheby's, London, May 2, 1962, p. 8, Lot 34A, Auction Catalogues (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.