William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Lady Macartney's Villa at Chiswick, after 1808
Lady Macartney's Villa at Chiswick
- after 1808
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 11 7/8 inches (21 x 30.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "8226 | W. Alexander"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | building | child | gardener | genre subject | girl | gown | hats | labor | laborer | lawn mower | men | nobility | parasol | rake | staff | tail coat | top hat | trees | villa | walking | woman | worker | working
- Associated Places:
- Chiswick | Chiswick House | England | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.