Kentish Street Scene
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 13 3/8 inches (21.9 × 34 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "10/6"; in graphite, center left: "11037 | one-one | 17 1/2 x 12 3/6"; in graphite, lower right: "Alexander"
Watermark: Portal & Bridges
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cart | child | cottage | dog (animal) | farm | genre subject | man | pargeting | peasants | street | village | wagon
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Kentish Street Scene, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.