- And Courtiers to Their Idol Bend
- Pen, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 13 inches (20.3 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "And, Courtiers to their Idol bend"
Watermark: LVG (letters, similar to Heawood 203)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchair | bend | bowing | caricature | courtiers | Egyptian | interior | monarchy | paintings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Dance RA, 1741–1825, British, And Courtiers to Their Idol Bend, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.