- after 1804
- Pen, ink, watercolor, wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 12 1/8 inches (18.4 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, upper center: "Perhaps Garrick or Vistris [Vistrus]? time (?) | [...] Garrick & Vistus time wind | [...]"; in graphite in different hand, lower right: "Sale Sotheby's (& Christies 1912)"
Watermark: Joseph Coles/1804 (similar to Shorter 25)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- drama | genre subject | horn
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Nathaniel Dance RA, 1735–1811, British, Theatrical Scene, after 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.