- The Village of Buxadaur [Buxa Duar] [Thibet]
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 16 1/4 inches (29.5 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center of sheet below image: "Thibet"; verso, in graphite, lower left: "J87" [encircled].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bush | figures | hills | houses | landscape | mountains | natives | village
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Thibet | Zhonghua
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Village of Buxadaur [Buxa Duar] [Thibet], 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.