Funchal, Madeira: A Square with a Church
- Watercolor, pen, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 x 16 7/8 inches (32.7 x 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center (below image): "Funchal"; in pen and black ink, lower right (below image): "1779"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | church | town | village
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Funchal | Funchal | Madeira | Madeira | Portugal
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Funchal, Madeira: A Square with a Church, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.