View in the Province of Kiang-nan, China, Taken from Nature
- Part Of:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 7 9/16 x 9 11/16 inches (19.2 x 24.6 cm) and Sheet: 7 1/16 x 9 3/16 inches (18 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower right: "View in the Province of Kiang-nun, China. | taken from Nature."
Signed on verso in pen and black ink, lower right: "By W. Alexander"; dated on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right: "1793"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | armor | baskets | boats | buildings | Chinese architecture | flag | genre subject | hats | junks | landscape | men | river | village | yoke
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, View in the Province of Kiang-nan, China, Taken from Nature, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.