Sepoys resting under trees
- Gray wash, pen, black ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 19 inches (30.5 x 48.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J134" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/97"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 3457 (J Whatman) (names)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | landscape | resting | soldiers | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Sepoys resting under trees, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.