Ruined Fort on a River
- Watercolor, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 19 1/4 inches (30.8 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J133" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/98"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 3457 (J Whatman) (names)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fort | landscape | river | ruins
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Ruined Fort on a River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.