Ruined Fort on a River
- Watercolor, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 12 1/8 x 19 1/4 inches (30.8 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite, lower left: "J133" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/98"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 3457 (J Whatman) (names)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fort | landscape | river | ruins
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Ruined Fort on a River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.