Gateway of Poonaka [Puna Kha]
- Pen, gray ink, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 19 1/8 inches (30.2 x 48.6 cm)
Inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Eus. [?] | Gateway of Ponaka"; in graphite, lower left: "J62" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/99"
Watermark: same as B1977.14.250, 241, 246, 245 (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis) -- not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | gateway
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Druk-Yul | Punakha | Punakha
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Gateway of Poonaka [Puna Kha], 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.