- Brown wash, gray wash, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 13 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (34.3 × 24.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Knaresborough Castle~"; in graphite, lower left: "Knaresborough"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D 3564"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Knaresborough | Knaresborough Castle | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Knaresborough Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.