Study for Dinner in Mote Park, Maidstone after the Royal Review of the Kentish Volunteers on 1st August 1799
- Additional Title(s):
- Brown ink over graphite on thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 14 inches (21.6 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "W. Turner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | celebration | crowd | dinner | feast | food | gowns | historical subject | meal | men | parasols | staffs | study (visual work) | top hats | uniforms | volunteers | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Maidstone | Mote Park | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Study for Dinner in Mote Park, Maidstone after the Royal Review of the Kentish Volunteers on 1st August 1799, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.