IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Near Tassisudon [Tashicho Dzong], ca. 1783
Near Tassisudon [Tashicho Dzong]
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: slight sketch of figures
- ca. 1783
- Pen, ink, gray wash, watercolor, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 19 1/8 inches (34.9 x 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "SD"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Near Taussadon"; in graphite, lower left: "J121" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/103"
Watermark: (J Whatman) (names) similar to Heawood 3457
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "SD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | bridge (built work) | buildings | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.