Miss Peagreen's Papa & Mama Walking in the Public Walks at a Bathing Place
- Pen and black ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, moderately textured, laid paper mounted to moderately thick, moderately textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 × 7 3/8 inches (22.9 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower edge: "Miss Peagreen's Papa & Mama walking in the | Public walks at a Bathing place"; in graphite, verso, upper edge:" All Ladies in all lands/Have twenty nails, on each hand/Five[?] and twenty on hands & feet, | All this is done without deceit. decei-"; in graphite, verso, same hand, center: "I came into the World without a skin/I go out singing & never am seen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- father | fence | genre subject | hats | horticulture | leisure | mother | obese | public bath | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Nathaniel Dance RA, 1735–1811, British, Miss Peagreen's Papa & Mama Walking in the Public Walks at a Bathing Place, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.