Near Taussadon [Tashicho Dzong]
- Pen, gray wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 x 19 1/4 inches (34 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "S Davis"; inscribed on back in pen and brown ink, upper center: "near Taussudon"; in graphite, lower left: "J 61" [encircled]; in graphite, lower right: "Samuel DAVIS 67/2/1/110"
Watermark: not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill (J Whatman) (Fleur-de-Lis)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "S Davis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architecture | building | mountains | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Near Taussadon [Tashicho Dzong], 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.