- Black chalk and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 x 9 1/4 inches (17.1 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "The Loves of Deputy Fonch & Lady Bridget"
Watermark: Britannia (similar to Heawood 209)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | man | marriage | proposal | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.