From Port Askaig, Jura
- ca. 1815
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 9 1/8 inches (16.2 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "From Port Askrig | June 23 | Pass of Jura not seen"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "WD"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cliffs | ferry | figures | genre subject | harbor | hills | houses | landscape | port | sailboats | ships
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Islay | Jura | Port Askaig | Scotland | Sound of Islay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, From Port Askaig, Jura, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.