Craignish Castle, Jura
- ca. 1815
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 9 1/4 inches (16.3 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Pass of Jura"; upper right: "slate [...]"; on back, upper right: "3"; on back, lower center: "Cragnish Castle - Argylshire | June 20.1815 | Pass of Jura in the distance"; on back, lower right: "belonging to the Laird | of Jura - Arch[...] Campbell | Loch Craignish"
watermark: "J Whatman 1810"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "WD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | figures | landscape | mountains | path | river | sailboats | walking
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Craignish Castle | Jura | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Craignish Castle, Jura, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.