Craignish Castle, Jura
- ca. 1815
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 9 1/4 inches (16.3 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Pass of Jura"; upper right: "slate [...]"; on back, upper right: "3"; on back, lower center: "Cragnish Castle - Argylshire | June 20.1815 | Pass of Jura in the distance"; on back, lower right: "belonging to the Laird | of Jura - Arch[...] Campbell | Loch Craignish"
watermark: "J Whatman 1810"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "WD"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | figures | landscape | mountains | path | river | sailboats | walking
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Craignish Castle | Jura | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Craignish Castle, Jura, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.