Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, An Observation Tower, after 1806
An Observation Tower
- after 1806
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 15/16 × 21 1/2 inches (60.8 × 54.6 cm) and Image: 21 5/8 × 19 5/16 inches (54.9 × 49.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J.21"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape | tower (building division) | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.