- The Annual Resort of Hindoos to Mundar Hill near Bhagulpore [Bhagalpur]
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, graphite, and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, beige, cardpaper
- Mount: 19 9/16 × 29 inches (49.7 × 73.7 cm) and Sheet: 17 1/2 × 26 1/2 inches (44.5 × 67.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "The annual resort of Hindoos to | Mundoar Hill near Bhagulpore | S Davis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "3 | Cream Monks | 5/[4?] New[...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J59"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | landscape | resort | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Annual Resort of Hindoos to Mundar Hill near Bhagulpore [Bhagalpur], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.