The Annual Resort of Hindoos to Mundar Hill near Bhagulpore [Bhagalpur]
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, graphite, and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, beige, cardpaper
- Mount: 19 9/16 × 29 inches (49.7 × 73.7 cm) and Sheet: 17 1/2 × 26 1/2 inches (44.5 × 67.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "The annual resort of Hindoos to | Mundoar Hill near Bhagulpore | S Davis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "3 | Cream Monks | 5/[4?] New[...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J59"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | landscape | resort | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Annual Resort of Hindoos to Mundar Hill near Bhagulpore [Bhagalpur], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.