IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Going Along a Slapping Pace, undated
Going Along a Slapping Pace
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 1/4 inches (21 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on back bottom left in graphite: "/6/"; bottom center: [...]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Francis P. Garvan, Yale BA 1897, in memory of Harry Payne Whitney, Yale BA 1894, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery, Whitney Sporting Art Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | equestrians | horses (animals) | hunting | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.