Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, In and Out Clever, undated
In and Out Clever
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 1/4 inches (21 × 28.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Francis P. Garvan, Yale BA 1897, in memory of Harry Payne Whitney, Yale BA 1894, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery, Whitney Sporting Art Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | equestrians | horses (animals) | hunting dogs | jumping | riding (horseback riding) | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.