- A Running Postillion
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 7 1/8 inches (24.1 × 18.1 cm)
Inscribed on back bottom center in graphite: "A running Footman | Rome"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | figures (representations) | letter (correspondence) | man | postillion | running | soldier
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, A Running Postillion, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.