Chinese Mother and Child
- Etching with hand coloring in watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 7 5/8 inches (25.1 x 19.4 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (20.2 x 15.1 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (20.2 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "CHINESE MOTHER AND CHILD"; lower right: 21/25"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "CWB"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Charles W. Bartlett."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bench | child | children | Chinese | cup | drinking | eating | embracing | family | food | genre subject | helping | holding | love | mother | sitting | tender | tunic
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles W. Bartlett, 1860–1940, British, Chinese Mother and Child, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.