The Terrace of a Mandarin's House in Peking
- Pen and brown ink, graphite and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 1/2 inches (12.7 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, upper left : "J395-"; center in graphite: "House[...] of a M[...] | A[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | genre subject | men | pagodas (buildings) | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Beijing | China
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Allom, 1804–1872, British, The Terrace of a Mandarin's House in Peking, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.