The House of a Chinese Merchant near Canton
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink over graphite with white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 5/8 inches (12.7 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on back bottom in graphite: "House of Chinese Merchant [...] T ALLOM"
Watermarks: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | genre subject | men | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Allom, 1804–1872, British, The House of a Chinese Merchant near Canton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.