IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Allom, 1804–1872, British, The House of a Chinese Merchant near Canton, undated
The House of a Chinese Merchant near Canton
- Brown wash and pen and brown ink over graphite with white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 5/8 inches (12.7 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on back bottom in graphite: "House of Chinese Merchant [...] T ALLOM"
Watermark: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | genre subject | men | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | China
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.