- Man-of-War and Shipping off the Coast
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 11 1/2 inches (20.6 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "72"; in graphite, upper right: "2' Cream Ml | Hogarth"; in graphite, lower right: "77 LVA"
Watermarks: Fleur-de-Lis [partial] similar to Heawood 1856
Signed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Atkins"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Atkins, active 1787–1808, British, active in the East Indies (1796–1804), Man-of-War and Shipping off the Coast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.