Samuel Atkins, active 1787–1808, British, active in the East Indies (1796–1804), Merchant Ship off Shore, undated
Merchant Ship off Shore
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 11 7/8 inches (20.3 × 30.2 cm)
Watermarks: partial letters: J. WHATM[AN]
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Atkins"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art | merchants | sail | ships | shoreline
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.