- Shakespeare Cliff, Dover
- ca. 1800
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 15 3/4 inches (28.9 × 40 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D263H/ Samuel Atkins [...] 1787-1807 | Shakespeare Cliff, Dover c.1800 | LGD"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Atkins"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Atkins, active 1787–1808, British, active in the East Indies (1796–1804), Shakespeare Cliff, Dover, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.