Ships of the Line off Dover
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 6 5/8 inches (11.7 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink bottom right: "Atkins"
Signed in artist's hand in pen and black ink bottom right: "Atkins"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | coast | Grand Tour | marine art | men | sails | ships
- Associated Places:
- Dover | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Atkins, active 1787–1808, British, active in the East Indies (1796–1804), Ships of the Line off Dover, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.