William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Loch Scavaig, Isle of Skye, ca. 1819
Loch Scavaig, Isle of Skye
- ca. 1819
- Watercolor with gouache and scraping over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, pasted on very thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Mount: 9 1/8 × 13 3/8 inches (23.2 × 34 cm) and Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 1/4 inches (21 x 31.1 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower left: "WDaniell."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | boats | cliffs | figures | geology | island | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | seagulls | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Highland | Isle of Skye | Loch Scavaig | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.