- ca. 1813
- Brown wash with gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Contemporary drawn border: 7 x 10 1/8 inches (17.8 x 25.7 cm) and Sheet: 6 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (16.2 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "W Daniell del | D25191"; on mount, lower center: "Exmouth - Devon"; on mount, lower right: "Devon | W. Daniell R A."
Unidentified collector's stamp, on back, in purple ink: horse or dog with banner below, containing the Latin phrase: "TENAX-IN-FIDE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | church | cliffs | coastline | grazing | hills | landscape | livestock | sailboats | sheep | ships
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | English Channel | Exmouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.