- ca. 1813
- Brown wash with gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Contemporary drawn border: 7 x 10 1/8 inches (17.8 x 25.7 cm) and Sheet: 6 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (16.2 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "W Daniell del | D25191"; on mount, lower center: "Exmouth - Devon"; on mount, lower right: "Devon | W. Daniell R A."
Unidentified collector's stamp, on back, in purple ink: horse or dog with banner below, containing the Latin phrase: "TENAX-IN-FIDE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | church | cliffs | coastline | grazing | hills | landscape | livestock | sailboats | sheep | ships
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | English Channel | Exmouth | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.