Sir Joseph Banks
- between 1808 and 1814
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 7 1/4 inches (25.1 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sir Joseph Banks"
watermark on mount: lion within shield with initials D and M on either side; MDCCCXXVII below
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | man | naturalist | portrait | profile (figure) | science | tie-wig
- Associated People:
- Banks, Sir Joseph, baronet (1743–1820), naturalist and patron of science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Sir Joseph Banks, between 1808 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.