IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Atwood, active ca. 1761–1766, British, A Kingfisher, undated
- Watercolor, gouache, and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 5 3/4 inches (15.2 × 14.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branches | Coraciiformes (order)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Elisabeth Fairman, Of green leaf , bird , and flower : artists' books and the natural world, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, pp. 212, 229, N7650 .O4 2014 [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.