David Garrick, Esq.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, textured, beige laid paper
- 19 15/16 x 14 1/8 inches (50.6 x 35.9 cm), 15 9/16 x 10 15/16 inches (39.5 x 27.8 cm), and 14 3/16 x 10 15/16 inches (36.1 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "32800 (circled)"
Lettered, lower left: "Tho,,s Hudson pinx,,t"; lower center: "David Garrick Esq,,r | London, Publish'd as the Act directs 11th Octr 1779 by Robert Wilkinson at No 58 in Cornhill"; lower right: "J. Dixon fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mary E. Knapp
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actor | book | buttons | cuffs | embroidery | gaze | jacket | portrait | posing | sitting | solemn | theater | wig
- Associated People:
- Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.