Portrait of a Sporting Artist, Possibly W. B. Daniell
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Horse
- Graphite on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 x 7 1/2 inches (23.8 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "April 12 1811. | W. Daniell Delt"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "April 12 1811. | W. Daniell Delt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | collar | cravat | horse (animal) | man | portrait | pose | sporting artist | tail coat
- Associated People:
- Daniell, William (1769–1837), landscape painter and engraver
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Portrait of a Sporting Artist, Possibly W. B. Daniell, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.