Portrait of Richard Cosway
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Portrait of Richard Cosway
- between 1808 and 1814
- Graphite with red chalk on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 7 5/8 inches (24.4 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Cosway"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | collar | gaze | man | portrait | profile (figure) | wig
- Associated People:
- Cosway, Richard (bap. 1742, d. 1821), artist and collector
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Portrait of Richard Cosway, between 1808 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.