IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, View of St. Paul's Cathedral from below Blackfriars, 1791
View of St. Paul's Cathedral from below Blackfriars
- Pen and gray ink, gray wash, and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 10 1/4 inches (17.5 × 26 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jos. Farrington. 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | view
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.